Our To-Do List: It just keeps growing and growing!
– Start a budget
– Make a budget for whilst we are overseas, in relation to our budget.
– Save like never before – a work in progress
– Em: Finish your studies before June! – Four electives complete, the final one half-complete.
– Jake: Finish your studies before April! – He’s being a big slack-o!
– Open a bank account and commit to a set amount to deposit each week – yeah, that’s sort of happening in a round-about way.
– Travel Insurance – We’re looking into it.
– Organise Visas: Sri Lanka Visa, India Visa, Vietnam Visa, Burma Visa – We’ll get our Burma visa whilst in India, and our Vietnam visa whilst in Thailand.
– Book remaining flight paths: Sri Lanka – India, Vietnam – Malaysia.
– Read every travel book, forum, guide, article etc. No Jake, that does not include Manga! – A work in progress.
– Photocopy documents for family members and each other’s packs.
– Photocopy full flight itinerary for family members and ourselves.
– E-mail copies of all documents to family members and to ourselves.
– Read through guide books we’ve purchased. – In progress.
– Start planning/researching/finding out about the places we want to go to in each country. – in progress.
– Make a general time-line.
– Have more passport photographs taken for travel/visas.
– Finalise a packing list.
– Pack Backpacks
– Dentist check-ups for both of us.
– Orthodontist for Em – new lingual wire.
– Optometrist for Em. – new glasses & sunglasses for trip.
– Travel Doctor Appointment: Consultation and any outstanding jabs: Flu, Tetanus, Japanese Encephalitis.
– Prepare and organise all medication for travel, along with letters from medical practitioners.
– Jake: Appointment with specialist.
– Jake: Acquire required amount of medication for 7 month and letter from specialist.
– Photocopy and e-mail copies of all required medical documents.
– Build a first-aid kit.
– Organise the sale of Jake’s Car: Put up for sale
– Sell Jake’s car.
– Cull our clothing # 1: (A few months before we leave) Garage sale/Gumtree/Charity
– Cull our clothing # 2: (A week before we leave) Charity
– Store our goods – thanks mum!
– Sort through our belongings and try to get rid of the stuff that is clogging too much of our space.
– Try and sell the stuff we don’t want.
– Give to charity the stuff we don’t want/can’t be bothered selling.
– Have a garage sale.
– Sort through pantry before we leave – give to donation bins/family/friends/housemates food we haven’t used up.
– Finalise and cease renting.
– Redirect any mail.
– Mobile Phones – what is happening with them?
– Buy an AUS Netbook plug.
– Quit Jobs: Jake’s Job, Em’s Job 1, Em’s Job 2, Em’s Job 3.
– Keep going to gym… shit!
– Organise going away celebration/get-together with family and friends.
Items to Buy before we Travel:
– Look at the travel gear we already have, and work out what we still need to purchase.
– Hiking Boots for Jake
– Travel Sandals for both of us.
– New thongs (flip flops/jandals/slippers) for Jake
– Jake: New Travel Pants, Travel Shirts, Underwear
– Em: Prescription Glasses and Sunglasses, 1 x pair travel pants
– Mosquito Net
– Steri Pen
– Decent drink bottle for Em
– SheWee (yes, we know, we know… but it WILL come in handy!)
– Backpack Rain Coat: For Em, For Jake.
– Adaptor Plugs
– Items for Medical Kit
– Basic toiletries items (toothbrush, toothpaste etc.)